Our next big thing is the Big Solar Gathering that we plan to hold in Digbeth, Birmingham on the 18 October.
It’s been a long time since we have been able to meet up in person and our first aim for this gathering is just to be with other people who are pro-active in the community solar sector. Zoom just ain’t the same. Many of our volunteers have not yet met us or each other and this is our opportunity to be together and spend a day focussing on getting community solar on roofs – now. There will be expert speakers, hands on demonstrations, showcases from our Pioneer Programme learning and interesting new people to meet.
Come ready to ask questions, learn new skills and leave feeling empowered! We are planning a line-up including things like this:
- Extended clinic sessions where you can ask an expert your questions on solar design, legal agreements, approaching host sites and more
- New ways to get volunteers involved and support them to deliver solar in their neighbourhood and beyond
- Hosting a Big Solar Co-op node (see how we are working alongside Community Energy Birmingham)
- Launch of the new Big Solar Co-op structure (putting volunteers in the driving seat)
- Hands on with solar tech on show to understand the latest panels and inverters
- Scaling up – what does and doesn’t work (with Daniel Heery of Charge My Street)
We get that it is still hard to plan anything due to Covid and it is ok to change your mind later – we will be in touch to reconfirm tickets in early October. But do sign up now if you think you would like to come along, so we know how much tasty veggie buffet to order in! 🍅🥦🥕🍆