Anyone who has succeeded (or failed!) in getting a solar community energy installation up on a non-domestic roof will know that legal agreements are complex and require specialist input from a lawyer. So we got one!
Sonya Bedford, MBE is helping us to simplify this critical project phase and support volunteer activists to seal deals for clean energy in their local areas.
The webinar will include:
- Tips for getting ready for legal agreements (title checks etc.)
- Heads of terms
- The differences between leases and licenses
- Key clauses and how to ensure these are not negotiated heavily
- Standard documents
- The Big Solar Co-op process
- Next steps; how to access training and support from the Big Solar Co-op
Sonya is a renewable energy sector stalwart, Head of Energy at Stephens Scown Solicitors and a Consultant for Bristol City Council. She is committed to making legal agreements accessible and affordable to us here at the Big Solar Co-op. You can read more about our lightweight legal agreements – so far – here: https://bigsolar.coop/legals